Thursday, May 01, 2008
Photograph by Andrew Haberbosch. Eva and Frida at the Tanque Verde Swap Meet.
Tucson Weekly is compiling the votes for 2008 Best of Tucson. Click here to cast your vote for Tucson Querido as Best Local Blog.
Ten Good Reasons Why This Blog is Tucson's Best:
1. I don't blither on and on with irrelevant details about my personal life. Usually.
2. I cover the stuff you wouldn't find out about otherwise. Sometimes.
3. I rarely use my blog to give a bad review and get back at an establishment for a horrible experience. Rarely.
4. I won't suggest a place unless I personally really enjoyed it.
5. I have eclectic taste.
6. I'm a good photographer.
7. I didn't delete your blog from my blog roll, even if you did insult me while you were drunk at a show.
8. This site's easy to read and navigate, if nothing else.
9. I tell it like it is, mostly.
10. You're hip because you read my blog, and you want the world to know it.
I taught Spanish Camp last summer. I was looking through the old photos nostalgically, thinking about each particular kid we had at a camp and how they each had their lovable quirks: the girl who made only spooky, lopsided puppets; the boy who had a penchant for asking random trivia questions...I remembered playing vocab games, noisy field trips to museums, watching for the weird turtle at the turtle pond, marching giggling girls to the library as they heckled college boys in Spanish...
I would've loved Spanish Camp as a kid.
Grades: 4 – 8
Dates: June 9 – 20, Mon – Fri
Times: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: First United Methodist Church, 915 E. Fourth St.
Instructor: Lucy Blaney is working on a Ph.D. in Spanish. She has been teaching at the UA for almost five years.